Warranty Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TomPlan provides the original purchaser of every TomPlan Trailer a 12 month warranty that the product’s workmanship and materials will be free from defects.
The warranty period commences on the date of purchase.
Warranty repairs and replacements will be undertaken by TomPlan or an authorised repairer. Warranty repairs and replacements will be free of charge unless an on-site repair is requested in which case a service call fee will apply.
Unless the owner has prior written consent from TomPlan, under the Warranty TomPlan will not reimburse the owner under the Warranty for repairs undertaken by an unauthorised repairer.
The Warranty will not apply in certain circumstances, including where the Trailer has been:
- Used for a purpose other than which it was designed;
- Used for commercial purposes;
- In an accident; or
- Towed by a vehicle other than an approved standard passenger vehicle.
The Warranty will also not extend to specific types of damage including:
- Wear and tear when the Trailer has been used for permanent living purposes for the animal;
- Tears, punctures, and fading to fabric items; or
- Damage caused by alterations or repairs being undertaken by an unauthorised repairer.
TomPlan Trailers include equipment and fittings, such as tyres and a jockey wheel, which are separately warranted by their manufacturer and not covered by TomPlan’s Warranty. If necessary, TomPlan will help an owner make a warranty claim to these individual component manufacturers.